For those who do not yet know, I am privileged to be part of the Derry-Londonderry family. Aptly we decided to go team-building in Northern Ireland and we received a fantastic welcome spending the weekend in our home port.
My highlights of the weekend:
- Breakfast with the mayor. Aside from the fact I was captured on film stuffing a sausage into my mouth, it was lovely start to the day in the beautiful Guildhall.
- The thigh clenching baton passing team game – “On a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is fine and 10 is completely inappropriate, I would say this is pretty high.” Good if for some reason I don’t have free hands and need to pass a spanner round the boat
- Eating a month’s ration of bread in 1 day. We did make it ourselves tutored by Emmett McCourt. He has a book out http://www.feastorfamine.ie/
- Keelin dancing with the hen party in Ramada Da Vinci hotel
- Tour of Derry. A very moving story. I would recommend it when you come to the city next year to see us in. We went with Martin McCrossan City Tours. http://derrycitytours.com/
- Finding out about my team – 1 of them used to wear lederhosen as his childhood playsuit. You’ll have to guess who!
- Thanks to Stormhoek for the wine!
We stayed at St Columb’s Park House. http://www.stcolumbsparkhouse.org/
Massive thanks to our team Social Secretary Jo for organising everything. It was a very memorable weekend and I cannot wait to see everyone soon. x